Saturday, July 10, 2010

Can I get the lower advertised rental rate when I renew my lease?

I'm renting an apartment in Atlanta, GA; I'm up for renewal, they say I can renew at the same rate but advertise a lower rate for the same type of units. Don't they have to give me the lower advertised rate?Can I get the lower advertised rental rate when I renew my lease?
The ATL is a very hot market,meaning its very competitive, they are offering an introductory price to attract new tenants. They are trying to compete with other companies who are marketing to NEW tenants. If you have paid your rent on time, every time, what you may want to do is two fold, first tell them that you are considering moving in the near future but would like to give them an opportunity to make you an attractive deal that compares to the lower prices.


Second, move into another place where the rents are lower.Can I get the lower advertised rental rate when I renew my lease?
They don't have to, but you can certainly negotiate for the lower rate. If you have been a good customer, they ought to play ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment