Friday, July 16, 2010

Cell phone tower rental rate?

A major cell phone company wants to build a tower on my property and they have offered me $200 a month rent. Does this seem fair?Cell phone tower rental rate?
I am a tower dog and do climb inspections on them I do about 500 inspections a year and occasionally get to talk with the land owners who lease out the property to the people that want the tower on their land. It seems to me that the more populated of an area you are in the more money you can get. one guy I talked to was getting $2300 a month for his and he had 3 levels of antennas. then again I have talked with another that had 7 levels on his and onlt got $1200 a month. My suggestion is get a lawyer to dicuss the agreement. Secondly MAKE SURE you get a co-location agreement. This allows you to increase the rent amount when more companies want to put more antennas on the tower. More antennas mean more traffic to the site which some landowners dont want. So no i dont think that is a fair offer.Cell phone tower rental rate?
Ill be honest and say I have no idea what they usually pay but if I were you, I'd want a lot more then a measly $200 per month. I'd say double at least! Especially if its close to your house and its going to be very visible.

No comments:

Post a Comment