Friday, July 16, 2010

Is there a limit on rental rate raisel? My land lord just raised my apt rental by 15%. I live in LA county.?

I lived in my apartment for 8 years. He's been raising every year by $35. But this year, he raised by $150. I thought there was some kind of cap. Am I wrong?Is there a limit on rental rate raisel? My land lord just raised my apt rental by 15%. I live in LA county.?
There's a cap in San Francisco, but not in LA that I know of.





EDIT: There is rent control in the CITY of Los Angeles, but not the county. CITY of LA has max raise of 4% (5% as of July 1 2007). Not all buildings are covered.





http://www.lacity.org/lahd/faq.htm#rentIs there a limit on rental rate raisel? My land lord just raised my apt rental by 15%. I live in LA county.?
I just asked my mom and she said in LA it's 5% max so I think you should talk it out with him. I live in LA with my parents in an apartment.
Do you have a lease? Is it rent controlled? If you're answer is no to either question, then you're up a s h i t creek without a paddle.
Welcome to my world here in Canada too. It not just the landlords, it's the real estate market, stock market, all level of Government, and large corporations that are fueling the living cost
sounds like he wants you out of there. call your local congressman.
  • acne treatment
  • gold eyeshadow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment